Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008 - I Did It!


With approximately thirteen hours to spare I have met the NaNoWriMo 2008 challenge and written 50,083 words of my second novel, a crime thriller based at a private golf club in the suburbs of Detroit.

This is a short synopsis of my novel: Christian Tyler, a famous Hollywood actor, is murdered at a Country Club where he is filming his first motion picture. A number of characters are instant suspects but the actual perpetrator is none of them. Brenda Taglioni, the locker room attendant of the Country Club and a first year student of a PI course, discovers his body in one of the showers. While she is concerned about the perpetrator of this dreadful event Brenda has her life wrapped around a threat more close to home...rampant cocaine use in her home town that she blames for her younger brother's overdose.

The story line of my novel is about 85% complete. In order to amass the 50,000 words for this national challenge I raced to the finish without stopping to smell the roses. I plan to finish the story then return to the beginning to nourish it so that its fragrance, texture and fruit can be enjoyed.

Might even have time to spend with this blog as well!

2 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Congratulations on finishing NaNo! That is so impressive. I could never make it past day 4 or so.

Jacqueline Carney said...

Thanks Katie,

Some days were easier than others but I was so determined to prove I could do this to myself. Now I can't wait to finish my crime novel and give it a good polishing.